Powered by Invision Power Board

In memory of Mike "Hair" Farrar 1966-2014
8th Annual Pioneer Polar Express has started. Donate Now!
RESCHEDULED:Friday December 12th is Light up Greenhills

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Super Talk 96.5
screamin
Posted: Dec 15 2007, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 68

Did anyone here ever listen to the FM all talk station called super talk 96.5 ? Well, as of 10:00 am yesterday, they changed their format once again back to one of my favourite stations, 96 ROCK. So far they are playing harder edged rock mixed with some alt rock stuff and are supposed to go head to head with WEBN. So far, I am digging the change but with the number of rock stations on our FM dial, I wonder how long before it changes again. dry.gif

--------------------
Proud member of the Junedale 12
PMEmail Poster
P-83
Posted: Dec 15 2007, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 974

They had reunited the two angry guys. Now they're gone again. Bummer.

--------------------
And what is good, Phaedrus, And what is not good -- Need we ask anyone to tell us these things? -- Plato
PMEmail Poster
uncle
Posted: Dec 15 2007, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Group: Admin
Member No.: 24

the two angry guys will still be on....

hence the new slogan "angry in the morning and p*ssed all day" ohmy.gif

--------------------
www.junedale.com
We know you've been reading it

Proud member of the J12

PMEmail Poster
Jed
Posted: Dec 15 2007, 06:39 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 44

Glad the angries are still on air.

--------------------
Rest In Peace Five-O.
PMEmail Poster
neveronsundays
Posted: Dec 15 2007, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 765

cool.gif The Angrys remain, but Furman got the axe.

In larger markets, many FM rock stations start their day with sportstalk in drivetime to boost listenership and advertising. It will be relatively new for Cincinnati.

--------------------
"Rant, rave, write your Congressman and Google Glenn Beck. Knock yourself out. I'm going to be putting up the batting cage. Which will have the greater impact?"

P83 (RIP 9/09)
PMEmail Poster
phro
Posted: Dec 15 2007, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 14

I don't know for shure but I think it's clear channel and that means the same old stuff angry white boy music .. linkin park blah blah blah.... sound of head exploding! dry.gif

--------------------
I'd rather be waterboarding

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson
PMEmail Poster
robo
Posted: Dec 15 2007, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1071

I do not know who owns 96 but it is not clear channel. That is why Furman Could work there. He was let go by clear channel
PMEmail Poster
uncle
Posted: Dec 16 2007, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Group: Admin
Member No.: 24

96Rock? When have we heard that before? twenty-five years ago?
Cumulus' "SupertalkFM96.5" flipped formats today at noon, obviously up against Clear Channel rocker WEBN-FM. They're calling it "Cincinnati's pure rock." The on-air promos say, "We like it loud, how about you?"
The Two Angry Guys will return Jan. 2 from vacation, but Andy Furman is gone. The website says: "Angry in the morning, pissed all day."
It will be interesting to see how long this 96Rock lasts. (Little help here: When was the old 96Rock on the air?) I think it started in 1982, and went 3-4-5 years.
And how many rock stations have come and gone in the 40 year history of WEBN?
WSKS-FM (96.5)
WAQZ-FM, the power pig
WAQZ, the Howard Stern station
WSAI-FM
WOXY-FM

--------------------
www.junedale.com
We know you've been reading it

Proud member of the J12

PMEmail Poster
neveronsundays
Posted: Dec 16 2007, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (robo @ Dec 15 2007, 09:13 PM)
I do not know who owns 96 but it is not clear channel. That is why Furman Could work there. He was let go by clear channel

cool.gif 96.5 is owned by Cumulus, the same folks who own WARM98. A momopoly, yes, but not as evil as CC!

--------------------
"Rant, rave, write your Congressman and Google Glenn Beck. Knock yourself out. I'm going to be putting up the batting cage. Which will have the greater impact?"

P83 (RIP 9/09)
PMEmail Poster
dazednconfused
Posted: Dec 16 2007, 01:12 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 205

the old 96 rock, which I think was moved from 92.5 used to feature a great morning show "Bender and Fingers"
Frank Wood (of WEBN) threw a lot of cash at Eddie fingers, put him with his daughter, Robin and the Dawn Patrol was born. Bender and Fingers carried the ratings at that time. When Eddie left, it was the beginning of the end.

--------------------
Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages it is the rule.
Friedrich Nietzsche
He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery.
Harold Wilson
PMEmail Poster
neveronsundays
Posted: Dec 16 2007, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (dazednconfused @ Dec 16 2007, 01:12 PM)
the old 96 rock, which I think was moved from 92.5 used to feature a great morning show "Bender and Fingers"
Frank Wood (of WEBN) threw a lot of cash at Eddie fingers, put him with his daughter, Robin and the Dawn Patrol was born. Bender and Fingers carried the ratings at that time. When Eddie left, it was the beginning of the end.

I was at UC back in the day when every Monday night at Burgundys on Vine & Calhoun was 96ROCK night. They played all classic hard rock all night, and sold 33 1/3 ( laugh.gif ) mini-pitchers of beer for $1. Former Bengals Turk Schoenert and Steve Krieder were regulars there, and it was a great place to be in the mid-80's.

--------------------

P83 (RIP 9/09)
PMEmail Poster
Hadley
Posted: Dec 17 2007, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 118

96Rock was the best "big hair" station we had. Now we are stuck with WEBN playing "fresh new music from the Doors"

Oh yeah, I cant stand Eddie Fingers
PMEmail Poster
screamin
Posted: Dec 17 2007, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 68

Mary Kuzon (who is now married to Mike McConnel , 700WLW fame) and Christopher Geisen (ex WTUE morning team) are the best known two that I remember besides Eddie Fingers. Christopher actually made me a cassette of 96 ROCKS' last on air moments. They spliced in studio cuts into the song, "the way we were". Then someone broke into my car and stole the damn thing. mad.gif

Look for the 96 Rock sticker on my guitar this Friday night. wink.gif

--------------------
Proud member of the Junedale 12
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Current Events | Next Newest »

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Your Ad Here

[ Script Execution time: 0.0198 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]